1) Twitter makes me ashamed of the whole human race (to bum a phrase from Huck Finn). Death threats. Monkey emoticons. Race bait cannonballs lobbed from every direction. Incredible ignorance. Frightening malice. This is what humanity seems to be in 140 characters or less #nofilter.
2) Our legal system has never been perfect. Juries are not perfect. I'd still far and away rather face a jury of my peers who have to sit and listen to evidence than fall prey to society's heir apparent: trial by social media. More thinking, less typing people!
3) "If you don't agree, then just unfollow me right now." (Because, you know, we should only ever interact with people who share our exact view point. That will solve our societal divides! Also, I'm still in Jr. High and you're off my friend list.)
4) "Ugh. No one cares about Ferguson. Why are you interrupting Dancing With the Stars?" Or, in the words of Ani DiFranco, "What kind of scale compares the weight of two beauties, the gravity of duties...tell me, what kind of equation could I possibly employ?" I mean, really. It's pretty tough to decide between two critically important things. Nah. Just kidding. Who needs civil rights with the mirrorball trophy on the line?
5) We've go a LONG way to go before humanity can claim to have built a single CIVILization.